Pages



Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summa Summa-time.

It's June! And almost a month has gone by since my last post. In a way, I'm okay with that because it means my days and nights have been filled with cuddling and bottles and tantrums and sunscreen. You know, the good stuff.

Here's what the month of June has had in store.


  • A visit from my super-duper amazing friend Melissa. Since she moved to Denver almost 2 years ago, I haven't got to see much of her and this makes me sad. :-( Friends as good as Melissa are hard to come by and I hate that she's so far away. But, I know she's living the dream in Denver and getting into all the trouble she can while she still has the chance. Live it up sister. That said, I'm still selfish and secretly hope some unforeseen circumstance will force her to return to the flatlands sometime soon. Just don't tell her I said that. :-)
  • I got my first sewing machine (a big thanks to my Dad and Sonja for their shared love of bargain-hunting) and had my first sewing lesson! Very exciting for me, but not very successful. I'll just say that it's a work in progress, and I'm sure the process will provide lots of entertaining material for this blog. Sewing seems to have gotten much more difficult than when I made a pillowcase in fourth grade. But when I think about it, most things seem to have been simpler in the fourth grade. Would I ever go back, though? Not a chance! 
  • Claire's first trip to the "spray park". Here's how that story goes... I spent two hours getting ready for this momentous event, and when we finally got there.... the spray park was out of commission! And I kid you not, there was a sign hanging on the fence that said to notify 911 if there happened to be an issue with the spray park. I can imagine that phone call... "Hello, 911 what's your emergency?" "Yes, I was calling because the spray park is broke......". Needless to say we didn't call 911, but instead decided we would try our luck another day. Who comes up with these things? 
  • Claire had her first meal of semi-solid food! This in itself was quite an ordeal, so I will have to share another night when I've got the time to post pictures (and possibly video) of how things went down. She sure adds some drama to everything she does! I wonder where she gets that? Must be from her father. :-) 
Until next time! 


No comments :

Post a Comment