Pages



Friday, May 20, 2011

the point is... i have no point at all.

"Why no blog post for over a week", you ask? I guess our life isn't as noteworthy as I'd like it to be, to be honest, when I think back over the last week and a half and try and remember what we've done... I all but draw a blank. I guess that's all part of the monotony that comes with working to survive. Derek is gone anywhere from 40 to 60 hours a week, and when he's home he wants to R-E-L-A-X, which is perfectly understandable. The odd thing is, is that I'm perfectly fulfilled knowing not much has happened in our all too ordinary lives!

Ok. I lied. A few things have happened.

First, we went to a cookout at Dave's last Saturday. It was a little chilly out but there was lots of yummy food and interesting things for me to photograph. Here's my favorite shot from the day.


It's dad. Pops. Grandpops. Papa Kim. Kimbo Slice. I love this photo because it shows my dad exactly as he is. Happy. Still. Amazing. I love you, dad. 


Told you there were lots of interesting things to photograph. I'd tell you more about what's in this photo, but all I know is that I found it in Dave's garage felt it needed to be photographed times a million. This was the wiener.. I mean winner. 


This particularly sparked Derek's interest, since he builds Massey Ferguson's at Agco. This was part of an old tractor Dave had out in his shed. The fun continues...


Here's a shot of all the fun being had. Dave really has a great piece of property and I'm glad he shares it (and his cooking) with the rest of us. Kudos Dave, now find a wife already so I can quite torturing you about it. 

Other things that have happened.....
  • Claire's 3 month portraits at Gingeroot Studios. True to her picture-taking past, she screamed the majority of the time and made it all too fun for Lindsey to get a great shot. But, I have faith in Miss Lindsey that she'll pull out something amazing as she always does. Just check the family photo at the top of this page. Couldn't have asked for a more talented (and lovely) photographer to capture our growing family. 
  • I saved $125 on our groceries this week. Go me. I MIGHT, just MIGHT, be getting the hang of this wife/mother gig. It's a definite work in progress, though.
  • Claire has realized her reflection in the mirror. It's so precious to see her looking at it and busting out in a belly laugh. Her little personality is starting to show and so far... so awesome. But, I can't say I'm surprised since she has such kick-ass genes from both of her parents. I'd like to think the majority of those genes came from me, but I am betting Derek would have something to say about that. 
  • My cell phone had a minor mishap and all 400 or so pictures I've taken of Claire are gone for good. :-( This makes me sad. And nostalgic. I spent this evening going through old photo albums from the last 5 or so years, and WOW have things changed. In 5 short years I've graduated from high school, graduated from college, Derek and I were married, and miss Claire became the third member of Team Embry. We've also somehow accumulated four dogs in this time. I'm not sure how that last one happened, though. 
Speaking of dogs, here's one now! 


It's Oslo, the amazing snow dog! He is currently hairless for the summer, by the way, and looks like a freaking rockstar. He's probably ten pounds lighter and what he lacks in fur, he makes up for in sass. 

When I said not much had happened this week, I guess was overlooking all of the simple things that I take for granted. I guess when I think about it... monotony isn't so monotonous after all. 





No comments :

Post a Comment