Pages



Monday, May 9, 2011

happy mother's day to me

Today is Mother's Day! How did I spend it? Sleeping in until noon and working the rest of the day. Such a bummer but maybe by next year I will have found a job that doesn't require me to be away from my family on weekends and holidays. A girl can dream, can't she? I did receive a very sweet letter from Derek (and Claire) and some certificates I can cash in for things like having Derek do all of the dishes and laundry. Not too shabby if I say so myself! It's amazing the things that make me happy these days.

Since it was Mother's Day, I got to thinking about the day I actually became a mother. Such a scary, unpredictable day that ended with something so beautiful. Eventually I'll get around to writing my birth story, but tonight's not the night. It's 3am and for some reason I am still up. I did, though, start working on Claire's scrapbook on Shutterfly tonight. There are so many amazing options to choose from that I only finished two pages in three hours. I can tell that this is going to be a long process, but I can't wait to share it with Claire and I know she will love it many years from now when she's a mother herself.

In honor of Mother's Day, here is Claire and I's first picture together. She was one day old and still in the Special Care Nursery. Love you, baby girl.


No comments :

Post a Comment