Pages



Saturday, November 16, 2013

Reece's Rainbow

I feel a little funny not mentioning Reece's Rainbow on the blog yet. I can tell you that single handedly, it has been one of the biggest influences on Derek and I's decision to adopt. Spend five minutes on their site and tell me it didn't give you heart palpitations looking at all the sweet faces needing moms and dads. 

Www.Reecesrainbow.org

Right now they have their Angel Tree fundraiser going on, so if you feel compelled to help but don't know how, make a donation to the child of your choosing! We often make small $5 donations to our "favorite" kiddos (but really, how can you choose?). It's not much,  but I can tell you that I would be THRILLED to receive $5 from a complete stranger who wants to support our adoption. That's why I love RR so much. 

We aren't using Reece's Rainbow to fundraise for our adoption. Hong Kong doesn't allow public listings of their waiting children, so they aren't listed on RR. I'm still HEAD OVER HEELS for this organization and have met some great people affiliated with it. There's even a family from Newton who fundraised with them and is picking their little one up as we speak. It makes this momma soooo happy to see the waiting children being advocated for. RR is giving a voice to those who would otherwise remain quiet. I can't think of a better organization to donate to this holiday season if you are having a hard time deciding! Well, I guess I can think of ONE! Our first family fundraiser is in full swing and we would be so grateful if you supported us by buying a raffle ticket (or ten :-). 

We hope you'll check out the RR website, as every person who views their site is a potential donor, mom, dad, or advocate. We aren't just passionate about OUR little one we hope to adopt, but all orphans still waiting on their mom and dad to bring them home. 

No comments :

Post a Comment