Pages



Friday, April 29, 2011

Let's talk about this whole blogging thing...

Blogging sounds like a great idea. It's a way to keep track of what is happening in our ever changing lives. A way to reflect on the good times (and bad). And it's something I so desperately want to do, and do well. The reality of it is- I have yet to make a new post since last YEAR. Seriously. My first (and only) post was in 2010. We are now a third of the way done with 2011.

I started the blog with great intentions, made my first post, and then... nothing. I actually visited the blog once this last January (while on bed-rest due to pre-eclampsia) and added an updated picture of Derek and I. But no post. Nothing. I couldn't even muster up enough creative juices to post one frivolous line. It's not like I don't have anything to say!

I'm not sure why I haven't written in so long. Until now I didn't think I had anything interesting to say, so I didn't write. But I've come to realize that regardless of whether or not I think other people will find our lives interesting is irrelevant. Because life is beautiful. And especially mine.

So as of today, I have decided to put a stop to the longest case of writers block I have ever experienced. I'm not promising daily posts. To be honest, it would surprise me if I made a weekly post. But making at least one post a month is a goal I intend to stick to. I am so inspired by other mothers such as Kelle Hampton who are able to write beautiful entries in their blogs on a daily basis. I think that is what has intimidated me about writing thus far. The blogs I follow all seem to be written by superhero moms. Superhero moms who make me realize I've got a long ways to go. Because you know what? I'm not a super-mom. I don't have a million things to juggle at once. I haven't beaten any kind of extraordinary odds. But regardless, I'm going to write. Even if I am the only one to ever look back on what I've written and find it worthwhile. So, sticking true to my goal... here goes nothing.

No comments :

Post a Comment